Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Embrace


Everyone knew this was coming. I am confined to Korea. Of course I miss home. I miss home for so many reasons that the average civilian can not recognize.
"Embrace"
I know this may sound bizarre, but a very simple hello from my friends is what I miss the most. Most of my friends are from a "church" background. A simple hello for us usually consists of a hug. I never recognized the importance or necessity of those small embraces until now. I am still confused at how a simple hug is a necessity of life. According to Dr. Gary Chapman, these are the 5 love languages... Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. Anybody who knows me back home would probably say the Physical Touch (aka Hugs) falls last on that list. A year ago, I would have agreed. But a year ago, I lived at home where I received countless amount of small embraces a day... and never thought twice about them. I was "embrace" satisfied and took it for granted. Just so you know, that comment was probably the least manliest thing I have ever said... enjoy. So in the manliest way possible... I MISS EMBRACES. I long to embrace the ones I love!


This is the only cool verse I could find about embracing: Ecclesiastes 3:4-6
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up




1 comment:

  1. Oh Kenny...you made me cry. I know you are probably thinking that is nothing new. But my heart aches for you and I wish there was some way for me to send a big hug to you. Thank you so much for sharing your heart in your blog post. Love you!

    ReplyDelete