Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moms


Let's begin this by saying that I am truly blessed in many ways. One of the coolest blessings.... Not only do I have a biological mother, but I also have many other mother-like figures. There is Ms. Robin, Ms. Jane, Ms. Amann, Ms. Kim, Ms. Maureen, and even Ms. Renee who always tries to feed me cookies and paid me obscenely well to watch the coolest house in the world. With this many mother-like figures, I will never go a day without being prayed for. Heck... I bet I don't even go a few hours without being prayed for. I know there are other women at Hope Church that pray for me as well.... Phyllis, Ms. Morris, Ms. Brooks,... the list probably goes on and on. Man.... as I'm writing this I am amazed. Good thing God loves for people to come to Him in prayer. If not, I would be in a world of trouble.
Ms. Robin - I can't say enough about you. You know the bible so well. You are incredibly committed to Christ. You, without hesitation, went through great lengths to help me. I can not imagine what my life would look like without your guidance. I love you!

Ms. Jane - I know you will be reading this. Lets see if I can make you cry! I love you!... Crying yet? All jokes aside, that is what I love about you. You are greatly empathetic. I will never be afraid to sit in front of you and poor my heart out... wait,... I've done that many times already, haven't I? Everybody has different ways of showing love. Yours is different, but in the best way possible.

Ms. Amann - 4 years ago, with loving tears in your eyes, you asked me to mentor your son. I will admit, I wish I used opportunities to teach him more. Despite my shortcomings in that area, you still love me. You stepped up in the most troubling week of my life and showed my family Christ's love. I would have been so lost. You saved me. I love you!

Ms. Kim - For some reason, you think the world of me. I always know you are proud of me even when I feel like I haven't "made it" yet. Your undying love for your husband encourages me. When I saw my army picture framed on the wall, it helped confirm the idea that you look at me as another son. I love you!

Ms. Renee - You are such a mom! You love to spoil me. I am about the most awkward person possible when it comes to eating with a family at a dinner table. You have given me many chances. Thank you. I love you!

Ms. Maureen - Like Ms. Renee, you have given me so may chances to be awkward at the dinner table. Like a mother, you expect to see me over the holidays. Your family has been so good to me over the past 10 years. I love you!

Every single one of you deserves a book written to you. A very well written book about the impacts you have made in my life along with the love you have shown. If I did that, Memphis would flood with your tears. So, as loving previous citizen of Memphis, I will keep them short. You are great women. I love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kenny...mission accomplished, my eyes are misty as I type. :) Your words are very sweet and mean so much. The reason you have so many "moms" in your life is because you are an amazing young man and you are so easy to love. Thank you for the many ways you are sacrificing to serve our country and the people you love. I love you and can not wait to give you a real in person big bear hug.

    Love,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a wonderful surprise to wake up to! Thank you Kenny for giving back love is such a meaningful way. Your words are filled with heart felt sincerity and I'm truely honored to be in your circle of Moms! I can feel my hug from there! I love you... We all love you. Your room is waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift...and an honor to be included with so many other "great moms". I hope you know that we all feel the same way about you. You take all that life gives you and come out a better man for it. We are all praying for your safety and can't wait for you to come home. I'm sure you need some home-cooked meals :) You know you're always welcome....we miss you!

    ReplyDelete